Tuesday, September 16, 2008

today I'm going golfing

Today after school, I will be going golfing. I hope to do better than last year, which wasn't very good.
It is also very hot. Yesterday there was a record high temperature of 95, and today it is supposed to reach 90. It should cool down later in the week.
Soon my English class will be starting a poetry unit. Poetry is one of my favorite parts of English. We will be preparing for a poetry reading we're doing at an open house at the school next month.

2 comments:

Theresa Tate said...

Hi Ziggy,

I'm glad you are a fan of poetry - me too! My daughter is a poet and she is going to be reading in Arkansas in October. I'm going to go there so I can hear her read to people from her collection. I'm also going to see two orphans that I met in China when I am there. They have been adopted by people who live in the same town of Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Cheers, Mrs. Tate

Mr. McCormick said...

Ziggy,
How did golfing go? I'm awful at that sport, but I really enjoy the concept of walking around outside and hitting a ball around on the grass. Golf can be supremely frustrating, and at the same time it can be so relaxing.

Fore!
-Mr. McCormick

PS- I'm excited for the poetry unit, too.