On Friday, my dad picked me up from school, and within an hour, our family was off to California for my grandpa's memorial service the next day. I worked on some homework, while my siblings listened to music and watched some DVD's. We spent the night in Sacramento, and drove for an hour and a half to the church where the service was held.
It definitely had some sad parts to it, but I was glad that my grandpa lived a pretty long life and did many good things. We had some food, and even a good amount of dessert, afterwards. We spent the rest of the day at my grandma's house near Stockton; many of her relatives were there helping her manage her life.
Yesterday, we left early in the morning to drive all the way back to our house; I mostly just rested and listened to the radio. When we got back late last night, I unpacked some of my luggage and then just went to bed. I couldn't seem to sleep for the next few hours.
Today is picture day at my school; I still look forward to the open house on Thursday. That day, my parents will get to find out about many things that I've done.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Ziggy,
Thanks for sharing about your trip to California - it sounds like it was a good trip, even though I'm sure you were all sad to lose your grandpa.
I hope your mother is doing well these days.
Cheers,
Mrs. Tate
Post a Comment